We are challenged in our family with far too many health and well being issues so in order to try and rectify them we are going to do GAPS

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 13 Intro


Yesterday (13) was a real challenge, Master 11 was in crisis he hates the food, he still has to go to the toilet all the time, my poor child I really feel for him and it is upsetting for all of us when he is so distraught. We have taken him back to stage 1 because he is so sick again. He had a big talk to me and said he is always hungry and the stock is makings him want to vomit. He wants to defor GAPS and eat normally for a while- maybe- he also knows how important it is and desperately wants to heal. In the end I took him back to a safe food and he devoured a pot of meatballs and was much happier.

I am pretty stressed about things and the cooking and cleaning is overwhelming and the food is disappointing considering all the effort and the lack of appreciation from the boys they ddon't like the food, we have had a few winners so I will make them again this week - the stuffed peppers ( capsicums) were the best so far and I have saved the bottoms off 3 butternut pumpkins to stuff them with the same mix and try them once Mr 11 can tolerate more veggies.

I discovered a cook book The Heal Your Gut Cookbook: Nutrient-Dense Recipes for Intestinal Health Using the Gaps Diet (Paperback) I have ordered it but it is still a month away on pre order. I watched  (  the sound was awful) video from the authors on you tube being interviewed by Dr Mercola and I am hoping we will still be able to be doing GAPS by then and that it eases the strain here.

I also contacted a local (ish) GAPS practitioner in Lismore, 2 hours away and we start seeing her on Thursday via telephone at this stage- another strategy for support for me I really am feeling the need for support right now.

And its another beautiful day I better get back into the kitchen and start my chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment