We are challenged in our family with far too many health and well being issues so in order to try and rectify them we are going to do GAPS

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

GAPS again


Sage and I are going back onto GAPS, he has been asking me for quite some time to do it as he feels it is the best healing diet for him and that he is healthier, happier, thinks much more clearly and his body feels better when eating this way and sticking to it all the time. I also believe it to be a very healing and nourishing way to eat for me.

Eating this way is a lot of work, I need to be organised, I need to plan well and shop so we have all we need on hand.  I need to keep up with basics like stock- we will need around 10 liters of home made stock a week at this stage of GAPS.  I need to keep supplies of kefir, cultured cream,  yoghurt, fermented vegies ready and flowing. WE need to be having vegie juices so need loads of those suitable vegies. The fridge also needs to be stocked with handy snack options for Sage to eat and to pack and take when he is out. Good options we have relied on in the past are vegie sticks, salads, boiled eggs, chicken wings or drumsticks, meat balls.
As we progress through GAPS we can add more food options like nuts, smoothies, fruits etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment